It’s a fact. 10-15 years ago, French classes online were not so popular. They were pretty new, people were suspicious and the technology wasn’t as good as it is today. However, today, the situation is much more different. Learning online has become a standard way of learning, broadband Internet is widespread and people go through well established online schools like Live-French.net to get quality online French classes.
Even though there are French classes near you, online classes could be the solution for you. Let’s study the pros and cons of each method:
French Classes Near You
- It can be a good idea if you want to socialize with people you share interests with (at least they want to learn French also)
- Classroom is sometimes a great space for jokes and pressure relief. If you enjoy listening to other people’s opinion and sharing with others, then you’ll like it!
- If the traditional approaches used for teaching languages worked for you during school, then maybe this is your method. It doesn’t work with most people, but it does with some!
- You’ll be paired with students that may or may not be at the same level you are. And not all of them have the level of commitment you have for learning the language.
- Even though the teacher can be very good at what she or he does, it’s impossible for someone to monitor more than 5 students at the same time in a precise way that helps to point out their weaknesses.
- If you have an unpredictable schedule, you have to keep in mind that you’ll have to attend to classes probably more than once a week.
French Classes Online
- You’ll have all the attention of your tutor! This will help you a lot to work on your weakest points and improve your language faster.
- You can attend to classes wherever and whenever you want. You can do it from the comfort of your house, which will help you develop some self-confidence as no one else but your tutor is watching/hearing you.
- You won’t have to follow anyone else’s pace because you are the only student there! Also, you can ask your tutor all the questions you want and talk about whatever you want because there’s no pressure about time consumption.
- You won’t socialize with other students, you won’t get to know more people with your interests besides your tutor. If one of your motivations to enrol a French course is making new friends, then online learning will not work out for you.
- You may get accustomed to your tutor’s accent, making it difficult to understand other people when they speak.
According to your goals and your personality you’ll be able to choose the most suitable approach for you. Even though online classes have demonstrated being a practical and avant-garde method which looks for people’s comfort.
The results of online learning can show up faster than with traditional learning. It all depends on how seriously the students take it. And there’s exactly where the biggest menace of this approach appears. With online learning you can’t get lazy! It will be very harmful for your learning if you don’t make it a part of your daily routine.
Try an online session with one of our native-French tutors and see how useful this approach can be for your learning process!