French is a language that, with study and effort, you can learn to speak quickly. Nevertheless, understanding French is not always easy when you are inside a real French conversation. And this is not because you have not learned the language well but because you you haven’t experienced French with native speakers in everyday situations.
You may think that you have finally succeeded to master French, however at some occasions you might still not get everything that you hear. It happens mainly when you hear someone speaking French at full speed, either because he or she is angry or nervous. If you want to master French conversation fast you should have some points in mind.
Practice French Conversation with a purpose
- You have to be clear why you are learning French, whatever your motivation is, it is really important to be committed to the maximum.
- Dive in, it’s all about putting your French into practice whatever you are learning, whether writing an e-mail, talking to yourself, listening to music or listening to the radio.
- Find a partner, even if you don’t have a relative who accompanies you in your adventure to learn French, finding a partner or a native-French teacher will keep motivated and will push your limits.
- Have fun. Use your French in any way that is creative.
- Leave your comfort zone. Not being afraid to make mistakes means being prepared to put yourself in potentially embarrassing situations.
- Listen. Any language sounds weird the first time you listen to it, but the more you hear it, the more familiar it becomes and the easier it will be to speak in that language.
- Watch others talking. Different languages request different sounds from your mouth and throat. It is about watching and imitating native-French speakers, watching French films or television in the original version can also help.
- Speak to yourself . If you don’t have anyone to talk to in French, there is nothing wrong with talking to yourself.
How to master French Conversations fast?
Becoming fluent in French is not an easy achievement, it will require a lot of work if you want to do it quickly. So how do I become fluent in French fast?
French Media Overload
Overloading yourself in this manner everyday will definitely show development, even if you are a beginner and you don’t know anything. Watching the news challenges your oral comprehension and opens a huge window to a part of the world that you didn’t know!
French vocabulary overload
If you want to have more “tools” added to your collection of French words, it’s a lot easier to keep on with a conversation. It is recommended to use google, word reference, and/or a French dictionary to help you translate any unknown word you come across.
The entire French language is composed by 37 sounds. Most of them exactly alike to English and others which have no place in our language. If you took a good listen to each phoneme you’ll have a better understanding of French pronunciation.
Change your computer’s settings language to French. Change your Facebook to French now. Change you cell phone, iPod, or iPhone to French. Modify your google web browser to the French one. It’s about using aver single technological tool you have.
Let our experts guide you in the way to learning French. At Live-French.net, enroll our French conversation course and learn with a native-French tutor online. You will improve your French faster than you think.